There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why work for us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GPSC Business Intelligence Analyst
Through engagement with cross-functional stakeholders, customers, leadership and development teams, the Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GPSC) Business Data Analyst will:
- Develop strategy, define requirements and deliver standardized and ad hoc reporting, data analytics, key performance metrics from proof of concept through production solution
- Analyze and create meaningful insight for business use and decisions leveraging large amounts of data from structured and unstructured data sources
- Lead and support cross-functional innovation projects and integrated business solutions to enhance GPSC stakeholder capabilities and efficiencies
- Collaborate on process and requirements definition and deployment of business and IT requests including new functionality / tools and training
- Provide timely and accurate responses to customer requests related to functionality, processes and data in support of key GPSC systems and initiatives
A successful Business Data Analyst demonstrates customer focus, a drive for results, and ease with ambiguous project requests and definitions; influences change, naturally accepts ownership for project deliverables, explores opportunities to add value to job responsibilities, and continues to develop critical skills and technical expertise. Projects will span across all time horizons, from early in VDP through end of production and often require integration of data across multiple functions, including Engineering, Program Management, Planning, Forecasting, Sales, and Manufacturing.
- Excellent knowledge of and demonstrated experience with SQL and VBA coding at a minimum; additional coding skills preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to influence others, working in teams and independently with customers, cohorts, and stakeholders across many different physical locations
- Ability to define and propose innovative solutions to business problems and projects that may begin with ambiguous requirements and requests
- Technical proficiency working with analytic platforms (Tableau, Microsoft BI), databases and reporting tools
- Experience with databases and data warehousing platforms (MS Access, SQL Server and Developer, Oracle, etc.)
- Effective time management skills to balance workload across multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines proactively and independently
- Practical knowledge of basic statistical and mathematical tools for problem solving and data analysis
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple, visual terms suitable to a wide cross-section of audiences (data storytelling)
- Proactively and effectively manage and communicate project status, progress on deliverables and risks/issues to stakeholders
- Supply Chain/Logistics/Purchasing experience
- In-depth knowledge of mathematical methodologies and tools for advanced analytics including optimization algorithms, regressions, data correlation and predictive techniques
- Technical degree required: Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or Operations Management
- Co-op experience, internship, or minimum five years work experience in a related field preferred