About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The Fleet Coordinator is the single point of contact for Mobile Equipment related items. The Fleet Coordinator supervises the GM/UAW mechanics as well as Third-Party mechanics employed on an “as-needed“ basis.
- Maintains professional relationships with Customers and effectively manages service delivery of existing business within his/her assigned area.
- Safety reporting and compliance.
- Parts ordering – monthly billing and reconciliation.
- Inventory verification, utilization, right-sizing and controls.
- Asset management (disposals, transfers, purchasing and modifications).
- PM compliance based on OEM/GM standards.
- Work prioritization and scheduling for all mechanics (GM/Third Party).
- Perform and maintain work place organization (5S).
- Actively participates in the ongoing business activities of the Customer as it relates to site goals and initiatives and to his/her assigned area.
- Adjusts processes and resources to meet changing Customer requirements as directed by the Fleet Manager and/or Facility Manager.
- Operates within the Aramark System as required by the Fleet Manager and/or Facility Manager to drive processes and resources to meet changing customer requirements for the site and his/her assigned area.
- Focuses on resource utilization, performance improvement, measurement and audit.
- Effectively communicates necessary information and status updates to the Fleet Manager. Participates in meetings and walk-through as required by the Fleet Manager and/or Facility Manager.
- Produces all required reporting for both internal and customer needs as required by the Fleet Manager and/or Facility Manager.
- Ensures compliance with the GM System, Best Practices, Safety Initiatives, applicable laws/rules in the countries, states and communities in which Aramark operates.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
- The employee is required to talk and/or hear in an industrial setting (noise level is moderate).
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk on concrete surface from 6-12 hours. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and adjust focus.