There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work For Us:
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Component Software Validation-Subject Matter Expert is responsible for the oversight of the software validation of multiple electronic components.
The Component Software Validation SME is also responsible for working with Electrical Component Validation Engineers and Suppliers in providing component software validation and design expertise to ensure a robust validation plan, along with timely delivery of software validation requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing and assessing software validation reports.
- Responsible for reviewing a supplier's software development capabilities and test methods to ensure adequate source selections.
- Provide technical direction and support in determining root cause of software issues and software/hardware interfaces.
- Work with various internal GM engineering departments and external suppliers on software development and provide knowledgeable insight on complex issues and up to date test methods.
- Initiate and support software design reviews for new or updated designs.
- Travel as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering degree.
- 5 years of experience in writing, debugging, testing, and releasing software for embedded systems.
- Proficient in C/C programming languages.
- Experience in model driven software development.
- Ability to understand and assess different software abstraction layers, software architectures, and software design solutions.
- Familiar in CAN/GMLAN or other communication protocols.
- Ability to read, interpret and generate engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proficient computer skills including test programming, analyzing data, writing test reports.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex and unusual.
- Time management skills to meet agreed upon customer deliverables, able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with local and international product development partners to meet mutual goals.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Understanding of design/manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work independently and is self-driven for optimum results.