WE'RE LOOKING FOR Collections System Field Supervisor
Employment type Employee
Wantagh, New York, 11793
Reference Number req14695
Who we are? With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
Who are we looking for?
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as required and work extended hours to accommodate Company obligations.
- Working knowledge Desirable of
- Work Order Management system,
- Monitoring of sub-contractors.
- Pumping Station operation.
- Working knowledge of:
- TV inspection,
- Sewer lines repairs
- Liaison with County and various city's Department of Public Works
Work Experience Needed:
- Minimum of three (3) years Supervisory experience.
- 10 Years' experience in technical maintenance of a large collection system.
- Computer skills required including Microsoft Excel and GIS.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 2 year Associates degree desired;
- Valid NYS CDL driver's License with Tank endorsement required
- Training in Vactor and Flushing operation
What will you be doing?
The incumbent will be accountable for maintaining the highest level of service of approximately 3000 miles of wastewater collection system of various pipe sizes and types while optimizing the conveyance of wastewater flow to the wastewater treatment plants. Conducts collection system operations in a manner to minimize the occurrence of system overflows and promptly responds to system blockages and other operating problems, assessing maintenance or repairs needs, and providing resources necessary for problem resolution. Supervise the systematic cleaning of the collection system. Supervise inspection of the sewer lines when needed. Participates in the planning of collection system capital improvements within the overall Project Capital Program. Based on annual production results Supervises the production of accurate and timely regulatory, project and special reports required to document status and performance.
- Subordinates: Supervises a team of approximately 3 to 8 field crews (6-16 employees).
- Will be based on either the Bay Park or Cedar Creek Facility
- Productivity: Ensure crews meet their targeted daily, weekly and annual production rates.
- Participates in Development of Company and Client budgets and Responsible for Achieving Budget for Assigned Area of responsibility.
- Must live within 1 hour drive of the work location
- Works on-call and must be capable of responding to on call notices
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
- Crews management
- Working knowledge of safety rules and regulations (Safe Work Plan, PPE, Traffic control devices)
- Monitor and improve crew's time management/productivity.
- Organize crew personnel and activities daily.
- Train and mentor staff.
- Establish and encourage a Team working spirit.
- Cleaning management
- Direct and supervise crews for preventive and corrective cleaning in various situations.
- Direct crews in using the proper equipment and method for the task (flushing, vacuum and rodder truck)
- Vacuum cleaning: disposes of debris properly, knowledge of waste regulation.
- SSO mitigation and reporting.
- Coordinate with Planning Dept to adjust the preventive cleaning schedule as required.
- Customer Complaints Management
- Customer service oriented (polite, provide answers, follow-up).
- Must answer customer complaints or concerns promptly and within timelines established by Collections Network Department.
- Ability to conduct a diagnosis over the phone.
- Provide information pertaining to customer complaints and work orders to Planning Department.
- Be on call as directed by management (lives less than 1h driving distance).
- Truck and Equipment maintenance
- Ensure compliance with all DOT regulations on inspections and other various regulatory requirements.
- Ensure field crews are maintaining their truck and/or equipment. Assist with minor vehicle or equipment repairs.
- Coordinate timely repairs with Fleet Manager.
- Manage data, MMS and CMMS
- Improve and sustain the field data collection system (paper form, MMS, CMMS and mobile app)
- Review raw data and perform QA-QC daily.
- Works in Computerized Maintenances Management system to review work, plan, reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this include close vision and distance vision.
Work is performed both inside and outside with exposure to all kinds of weather conditions. Incumbent may be occasionally exposed to some noise, silica, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, greases, oils, electrical energy, solvents, and vibrations. Incumbent may work on slippery/uneven surfaces, around machinery with moving parts, moving objects/vehicles, and ladder/scaffolding, below ground and may be exposed to water and other liquid materials
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.