PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the safe, expeditious delivery and pick-up of hospital equipment and supplies to assigned facilities in a defined region. Responsibilities include driving a ton pick-up truck dropping off and picking up supplies and ensuring that inventory is up to date and accounted for to meet all hospital and company standards. Responsible for ordering supplies from internal FMC as well as outside vendors. Completes required inventories and provides records to Finance as required. Orders and receives supplies through SAP. Supports FMCNAs mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, picksup and delivers equipment and supplies from/to assignedmedical facilities according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behavingwith integrity in a courteousand professional manner.
- Supply and product duties include the following:
- May set up productand/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites; arranging from oldest to newest.
- Performsrotation and inventory checks of existing product ensuring that an adequate inventory is available for customers.
- Orders all supplies at area storagefacility as needed, reporting supply inventory monthly.
- Ensures that outdated supplies are discarded and adjustments are made in SAP
- Moves HD Machines, Portable ROs, PD Cyclers and NxStage Cyclers; may bleach machines and flush ROs
- Maintains all store rooms in neat and tidy order within OSHA Guidelines
- Stocks cartsand bins with medical suppliesas needed.
- Vehicle related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains binderwith current hospitalinformation in truck (directions, address,etc.) to ensureefficiency and timeliness in deliveries.
- May performroutine maintenance on truck, checking oil and gas weekly.
- Keep truck mileagelog; if required.
- Unloadingand loading freight as required according to specified procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining cleanliness of truck, machines and carts.
- Keep truck mileagelog; if required.
- Adheresto all federal and state specific DOT regulations.
- Maintainsa satisfactory drivingrecord.
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints. Reportsmore complex issues and complaints to Program Manager for resolution. Observes and reports any pertinent anomalies at customer sites/medical facilities.
- Delivers patient chartsto area office on a weeklybasis.
- Maintains current knowledge of all annually revised regulatory standards(OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and any state specific agencies).
- Assists with clerical duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functionsof this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy physicalwork with frequent lifting and carrying of objects 25 50 pounds on a repetitive basis required. Some deliveries may require carrying product up multiple flights of stairs depending on makeup of facility. This position requires extended periods of sitting,standing, bending and walking. Operating a motor vehicle 6-8 hours per day.
High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Prior delivery experience desired
- Must have a current drivers license in good standing
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with TMS software and vendor management systems
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.