Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
PerkinElmer is manufacturer of scientific instruments, reagents, and software to drive innovations in human and environmental health around the world.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to join our Informatics team, building a product we call the Signals Data Factory. The Signals Data Factory is a product which specializes in taking in many different forms of scientific data, transforming it (using Apache Spark), and making it searchable (using Elasticsearch) and analyzable via a variety of interfaces. Its current use spans from early in the drug-discovery process to analyzing active clinical trial data.
If you are looking to join a small team of talented engineers and to contribute to delivering amazing, high impact, customer-focused features, this is a great opportunity.
- Create secure, performant interfaces and services
- Work with AWS services and cloud technologies
- Collaborate with fellow team members on priorities, specifications, and feature implementation
- Craft well-documented, reusable, and testable code.
- Work on a system capable of processing petabytes of data
- Build and maintain new, high impact functionality into the Signals Data Factory
- Bachelor's degree
- Some professional work experience developing software
- Some experience with modern front-end development
- Experience with making Node.js based APIs.
- Experience with cloud-hosting at one of the top-3 providers
- A good understanding of git workflows
- Strongly driven – ability to clarify requirements and deliver code in a highly distributed and fast-moving environment
- Skills with any of the following technologies, please mention these up-front
- Any devops experience
- Life science or Chemistry knowledge
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.