A bit about us:
We're on a mission to change healthcare — how it's paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That's why we're gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
Our Member Service team has the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. Devoted Health's Member Service Guides are the main point of support for our members, answering their questions about their health plan benefits, helping them navigate the healthcare system, and listening for opportunities to improve their health or their experience. We aim to guide every member as we would our own family.
The Bilingual Member Service Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a team of Bilingual (Spanish/English speaking) Guides and improving our service operations. You will be managing and supporting Guides to be successful in providing excellent service to Members, including: training and coaching, oversight of call queues, and improvement of workflows and processes. Beyond these formal duties you will help build a culture that enables our Guides to be their best authentic, caring, and emotionally intelligent selves in their interactions with members. You will develop a deep understanding of our benefit offerings and many of our business processes so that you can help Guides answer questions and solve problems for members.
You will work in an entrepreneurial environment where we are constantly looking to learn what our members need and to develop better ways to serve them. You will be asked to identify opportunities to delight members and ideas for ways to make our processes and technology better.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of 8 Guides at varying skill levels
- Provide coaching & training to assist guides in exceeding member expectations and building customer loyalty
- Manage team to achieve goals on phone service levels, call quality, case resolution turnaround times, and member engagement
- Conduct side-by-side observations, review calls for quality monitoring and regularly hold 1x1 feedback sessions
- Speak with escalated members in a professional and courteous manner in an effort to quickly reach an effective resolution
- Handle member service calls to help cover occasional surges in call volume
- Analyze trends based on historical data to close performance gaps ensuring established service levels are met.
- Provides Guides with individual performance metrics to help support their development.
- Make recommendations and/or take corrective action to manage team performance as appropriate
- Effectively interview and recommend candidates for hire
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help create a fast learning environment with a focus on member resolution
- Advocate for your team by identifying training, tech and/or process related needs that will improve the member and/or employee experience
- Create a transparent team culture where both positive and critical feedback is comfortably exchanged on a daily basis
Attributes to success:
- A strong desire to improve the health care experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- The ability to adjust your coaching and teaching style to different people
- Ability to think analytically and connect data trends to behaviors
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, especially in listening, trust-building, and de-escalation
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex startup environment
- Growth orientation: you seek and incorporate feedback and you see the potential in your teammates
Desired skills and experience:
- Bilingual - Fluent in Spanish
- Health insurance experience (Medicare Advantage a plus)
- Solid understanding of health care claims & benefits
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent customer-facing and management work experience
- Bilingual in English and either Creole or Spanish is a plus
- You're a great leader and team player with a can-do attitude; you're self- reflective
- Previous people management experience required
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted's Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.