Job ID 8712 Location Waltham, Massachusetts Organization Procurement and Contract Management Department COMMERCIAL SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To ensure the effective and compliant operation of the IT Commercial function through the support of the contract and commercial management of IT contracts, both managed service and individual supplier agreements across the Global IT organisation.
Support the contract management of contracts, both managed service and individual supplier agreements across the Global IT organisation ensuring that value for money is delivered from the vendors within the IT supplier landscape.
To provide contract management and commercial support to the IT Commercial team. Key accountabilities include assisting to implement and operate processes for the following:
- Contract mobilisation
- Contract administration eg. Central repository management
- Contract change management
- Contract dispute management
The role may also require individuals to support the internal IT spend 'intake' process for managing future IT demand.
- In relation to allocated suppliers, supports liaison between National Grid and those supplier organisations, supporting the relationship regarding the contracts, and enabling all communications to take place effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures that National Grid is aware of the terms and conditions of contracts as appropriate. Facilitates good communications between suppliers and National Grid.
- Collects and analyses quantitative and qualitative data to monitor the suppliers' performance against agreed service levels, publishes the results, and works on actions based on results. Delivers proper monitoring of the contracts and recommends actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
- Contributes to regular meetings to review performance and progress with major/strategic suppliers.
- Undertakes strategic analysis, including research into suppliers, markets and product and service categories, to inform and develop commercial strategy and sourcing plans. Clarifies specifications for key products and services. Apply commercial strategy and relevant intellectual property law and assists with negotiations with preferred suppliers, drafting contracts and technical schedules,
- Assists in the negotiation and resolution of contractual issues, including failure to meet contractual obligations. Promotes change control processes and champions continuous improvement programmes with suppliers to jointly develop strategies and incentives to enhance performance. Assists in the undertaking of comprehensive financial evaluations. Ensures that lessons learned from reviews are documented and promoted with colleagues, stakeholders, and the organisation.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Experience in building effective internal and external relationships combined with strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to produce and deliver high quality written reports and presentation material to internal or external audiences at a senior level.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience of managing and providing business support and departmental governance in a complex business function.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. MCIPS, IACCM) desirable
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.