Expeditor (Food Quality Coordinator)
To coordinate preparation of food and its delivery from the kitchen to the table in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and IHOP Standards Operating Procedures (SOP).
Purpose of Job
To assist in directing Team Members in all phases of operation, to achieve high standards of food preparation and presentation, service to guests, general cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere in accordance with all Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP Team Members.
- Prepare and garnish food for delivery to guest following IHOP SOP manuals.
- Communicate Servers food orders and service requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations and methodologies.
- Identify food that is incorrect and remedy the problem before it is sent to the guest.
- Pull foods in order to check sold.
- Know the table numbers in the restaurant and be prepared to run food to guests.
- Be aware of time; keep tabs on how long items have been in the window; find out why something has not been delivered quickly (i.e. lost check or check not thrown by cook); make sure guests are not kept waiting or are given a reason why.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items and how the food should appear on the plate (including correct garnish and plating).
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as well as the IHOP safety Manual and SOP health, sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Clean and clear pass bar areas. Empty trash and polish all pass bar stainless.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to the posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write guest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough to communicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Abiility to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
IHOP training coursework as assigned.
The physical demands described here must be met by Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; walk , stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Team Member occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.