A position filled by a craft Team Member with initiative and demonstrated leadership ability.
In the absence of management, the Crew Chief assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager. The Crew Chief continues working their assigned craft position responsibilities, in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
Purpose of Job
To assist in directing Team Members in all phases of operation, to achieve high standards of food preparation and presentation, service to guests, general cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere in accordance with all Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
- Assist in ensuring that all personnel, equipment and supplies are prepared and ready to meet the needs of the business. Assist in assigning Team Member duties and responsibilities and encouraging teamwork.
- Inform all Team Members of new menu items, specials and promotional materials to ensure complete understanding of food preparation and service.
- Assist in conducting orientation and training for new Team Members and give refresher training to current Team Members, when needed. Supervise Team Member performance and conduct in accordance with Company policies. Observe guest reactions to qualify of food and service.
- Review all time cards ( or time reports) daily as required by Unit Manager.
- Adjust schedule to meet the needs of the restaurant.
- Enforce portion control per Standard Operating Procedures. Check deliveries for proper quantity, quality, pricing, completeness of order, breakage and spoilage.
- Maintain tight security.
- Control Waste.
- Perform administrative procedures such as:
- Cash receipts/store receipts
- Be responsible for register reading and daily sales reports.
- Reconcile cash receipts and store bank funds.
- Make DAILY deposits and submit deposit slips to Accounting Office as required by Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Ensure that register or Servers have sufficient change and bills prior to peak hours of business.
- Enforce Company policy regarding check cashing.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Team member must be able to communicate verbally in English to Team Members and guests and read English for menus, guest checks, notices, instructions, safety labels, etc.
Education and/or Experience
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write guest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough to communicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, percents, decimals, discounts and cash counting.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and objective written or oral instructions. Abiility to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Team member must be able to memorize food plating and handling procedures outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
Other Skills and Abilities
Team member must be able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with guests, staff or equipment problems.
Successfully complete IHOP training coursework as assigned.
The physical demands described here must be met by Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is required to stand, walk and sit. The Team Member frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Team Member regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The Team Member frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The Team Member occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.