This position holds accountability for accurate and timely entry of claims data into the KwikTag scanning system. This includes the paid claims, non-paid correspondence along with medical records.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other work-related duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for data entry of medical claims information, correspondence and medical records into the KwikTag scanning system.
- Liaison between the IT and the Claims Departments regarding system issues with the KwikTag system.
- Tracks and reports production, downtime, issues and trends.
- Assist in completing requests from the Compliance Department to print out paid bills for carrier requests
- Assist in the functions of the Mail Room Coordinator
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies.
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords.
- Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents per Policy 16.0 Information Security Incident Management.
- May be responsible for special projects.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education -High School Diploma; successful completion of continuing education in insurance, medical terminology/coding, and/or accounting.
- Experience - 1 year customer service experience, 1 year basic accounting experience or 1 year claims or bill review experience desired. Intermediate computer experience on MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook necessary. Typing speed of 50 WPM. Excellent organizational skills.
- Language Skills - Excellent oral communication skills and phone presence. Ability to effectively present information to providers as well as to employees of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.