BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Jenise Gaskin, Rich Gunn, and Mark Leverette. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Accounting Advisory Overview
BPM’s Accounting Advisory team provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses, start-ups, non-profits and foundations. We assist clients in outsource accounting and process enhancements, in securing loans and financing, developing succession plans and exit strategies, and supporting company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration. Another key component of the Advisory Service line is our ERP system implementation team.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Lead engagement teams providing Accounting Advisory services.
- Responsible for managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients.
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with clients to convey team findings, status, and recommendations.
- Collaborate with BPM and client leadership regarding client business issues and potential solutions.
- Assist with firm administration (e.g., Set engagement budgets, select staff and assign workloads, client billings, etc.)
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Participate in advancing the firm's Accounting Advisory practice through committees and internal initiatives such as recruiting, business development, marketing, and knowledge sharing.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
You Have (Requirements):
- Minimum 7 years’ experience between both public accounting and industry as part of an accounting function.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related business / technical field.
- CPA license required. Implementation certification with Intacct or NetSuite a plus.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience developing and mentoring junior level staff.
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently. Deep knowledge of GAAP strongly preferred.
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to address both executive and technical level audiences.
- Proven track record of showing initiative and interest in business development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability and interest to develop talent at all levels, and get involved in the recruitment and hiring process.
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Ability to think strategically.
- Knows what it takes to give your business the competitive advantage. Ability to operate at a high level in a dynamic environment.
- Can develop relevant, sustainable solutions.
- Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Is driven by results.
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success .
- Develop talent at all levels, and is involved in the recruitment and hiring of new team members.
- A true influencer. Someone who is passionate about their work and motivates everyone around them.
- You are collaborative, proactive, creative, entrepreneurial, and thrive in fast-paced environment.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.