Stress Engineering Services, Inc. is the premier provider of engineered solutions and professional consulting services across a wide range of engineering disciplines. Since 1972, our clients have benefited from our special in-depth technical knowledge and proven performance in failure analysis, solid mechanics and structural design, reliability and predictive engineering, instrumentation and testing, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, floating systems, forensics, and material science. We maintain an excellent reputation within the industries we serve, with more than 80% of our current business from repeat clients or direct referrals.
We are currently looking for a Lab Technician in our Waller, Texas facility.
Work with engineers to setup and perform tests on a wide variety of equipment. Test setups include pressure, temperature, force, vibration, and other parameters to simulate working environment and/or extreme conditions. All parameters are recorded via PC based data acquisition systems. Other technician duties include; use of hand and power tools, installation and operation of various sensors, strain gage application, hydraulic circuit installations, operating overhead cranes, forklifts, pumps, controllers and many other pieces of equipment required to setup and execute tests. While not required, opportunities to travel domestically and internationally are available (5% or less).
- Strong safety knowledge/awareness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent is required (Associates degree a plus)
- Electronic/Mechanical aptitude required
- Basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to follow instructions (oral and written) while working safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to work overtime which may include occasional work after normal business hours, weekends, or night shifts
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Must be able to pick up and carry 50lbs
- Valid driver's license (some occasional driving may be required)
- Must be able to work in USA without sponsorship or need for future sponsorship