The mission of Equitas Academy Charter Schools is to provide a structured, achievement-based community that prepares students to graduate from four-year colleges and universities. Equitas Academy was founded in 2009 as a network of free public schools for families who believe their children deserve a high-quality education and challenging school experience. We currently serve over 1,500 students in Kinder-8th grade in three elementary schools and two middle schools. Equitas Academy is based in the Pico-Union neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
The primary role of the School Culture Coordinator is to support the School Director with student and parent communications, discipline, student safety and health, and enforcement of school policies and procedures.
- Sustain and monitor a safe, orderly, disciplined culture of high academic and behavioral standards
- Monitor students in hallways and near bathrooms
- Administer medications to students as needed
- Communicate with families on a regular and consistent basis
- Assist in the development of structures and systems to assist in building consistency within the student culture
- Coordinate disciplinary systems and make reports to appropriate staff on student discipline issues
- Provide the necessary support to faculty so that they can help administer the school’s policies
- Act as lead for student referrals, student health, and injuries
- Help communicate and reset students having difficulty with behavior in the classroom
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the School Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Equitas Academy
- Deep, passionate, and action oriented belief in our mission to support all of our scholars to and through college
- Strong communication with scholars, staff and parents
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, detail-driven work style with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, delegate, and lead by example
- Previous experience working with youth
- A strong belief that all students can succeed
- Bilingual Spanish speaker required
- BA degree strongly preferred, AA required
- CPR Certification required within 60 days of hire
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits.
Commitment to Diversity
Equitas Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.