Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
This position is responsible for knowing pH solids and color of product being processed as well as figuring lab samples for production runs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all LOTO for safe operation.
- Demonstrates proper use and handling of chemicals.
- Maintains all environmental compliance standards.
- Knows start up procedures/shut down procedures.
- Performs pre-operational inspections daily.
- Knows the pH solids and color of the product being processed.
- Figures lab sample numbers for production runs.
- Follows proper CIP/COP and clean up procedures.
- Must be able to set up tubs, totes and labels for production run.
- Collects, processes, and records data.
- Know and understands the proper code and set up for filler, pump, and dater assembly.
- Must be able to program and make adjustments to the filler weights.
- Monitors personnel for proper GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliance.
- Works with the pasteurizer operator for maximum production.
- Must be willing and available to work off shift in emergency situations and overtime when needed.
- Understands required documentation for the production run and that all documents have to be verified by the supervisor or lead at the end of each shift.
- Has basic knowledge of operating a piece of equipment or the robots in Foodservice areas.
- Sets up printers for case and package coding.
- Performs metal detector checks on required frequencies and report deficiencies.
- Performs product temperature testing.
- Adheres to safe work practices, following GMP's, maintaining sanitary conditions and ensuring that product quality is maintained. Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must have or must be able to obtain a forklift and pallet mover operator's license.
- Must be safety minded and have knowledge of all safety procedures and follow's all G.M.P's
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, prioritize duties and display responsible behavior at work..
- Capable of adding and subtracting two digit numbers and multiplying and dividing with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of weight, measurement, and volume. Capability of interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication between the operator and the supervisor.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Open to change.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 lbs