Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: Known as the islands only all-suite oceanfront resort, the hotel is situated on Polo Beach in the world-class, master-planned destination of Wailea, on the south western coast of Maui. Here's an opportunity to join Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel brand recognized worldwide for distinctive style and service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper departments as required
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Oversee the recruitment and training of all Housekeeping Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Frequent walking, standing and sitting throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We support the Affirmative Action Plan; our program is available for inspection by contacting the Director, Talent & Culture, Monday through Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.