Office Administrator/Traffic Assistant
Req Number: 22-1472
Hubbard Radio is a full-service media company with 16 radio stations and cutting-edge digital solutions in four of northern Minnesota’s most beautiful and active resort communities: Alexandria, Bemidji, Brainerd and Wadena. At Hubbard, we’re looking for the best people in local media to help build dominant brands that connect consumers and advertisers to build better businesses and communities. We succeed by always doing the right thing with focus, urgency, and passion.
The Office Administrator is the first point of contact for guests, employees, and clients of the company, either in person or via telephone and provides proactive customer service by performing a variety of clerical/administrative support tasks. Serves as the point person for e-commerce products.
- Provide administrative support: Answer, screen and route incoming telephone calls; respond to calls when appropriate.
- Meet and greet visitors and guests.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Copy documents.
- General filing; maintain files, including electronic files.
- Order supplies.
- Type general correspondence.
- Administer and maintain e-commerce (Wheeler Dealer) products sold by the market. Handle all aspect of e-commerce purchases sold by station.
- Maintain strong internal controls for payment collections including the ability to conduct cash/check/credit card transactions with customers in an efficient and professional manner. Generate accurate reports. Handle payment returns proficiently. Complete inventory tracking for both products sold and daily revenue reports. Inputs deals. Print certificates as required.
- Participate on-air during e-commerce segments.
- Take the lead as Administrator of the ecommerce platform including social media, scheduling email marketing, contesting, promotions, and other duties as needed.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Distribute prizes and make sure release forms are completed.
- Assist Traffic, Programming, Sales, Engineering and Promotions departments as needed.
- Attend meetings as required or requested.
- Take initiative to learn new tasks, duties, technology and equipment.
- Offer ideas that would enhance or improve the way work is done.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- In a Traffic backup role or when instructed to assist:
- place spots on logs by maximizing commercial inventory following philosophies set forth by Regional Traffic Specialists.
- Review and audit day parts as far into the future as possible.
- Assist with daily preparation of the program/commercial log using prescribed broadcast software.
- Edit log so that it is error free.
- Ensure each commercial spot placed does not have a product conflict, is airing within the correct time period and order/advertiser separation guidelines are followed.
- Ensure program information is accurate and specific conditions are met.
- Follow processes to alert account executives that advertisers may need to be moved due to program changes, change orders when spots meet new program criteria, or pre-empt spots when they do not.
- Review master programming schedule and compares with logs.
- Check the log formats with automation formats for breaks, barters, segments and timings when necessary.
- Ensure that logs are 100% accurate and contain specific information including sponsorships, promos, tied events and IDs.
- Perform copy and continuity duties, including processing production orders and coordinating production with the Programming Department.
- Download and enter copy instructions for barter contracts.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills including poise, tact, diplomacy and ability to handle sensitive, confidential and challenging situations are essential.
- Must have excellent language and grammar skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have a pleasant, customer-service oriented style-face-to-face, over the telephone and electronically.
- Computer experience including proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience answering a multi-line phone system preferred.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work on short deadlines and in pressure situations; work other times as needed.
- Perform basic to advanced mathematical calculations.
- Strong team player. Work well with others. Foster a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate and operate personal computers, telephones and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Ability to sit for extended periods. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.