Main Campus (Hospital)
500 S. Maple Street
Rotating 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for assisting nursing staff in direct and non-direct patient care functions at the direction of the professional nursing staff.
- Assists nursing staff in direct and non-direct patient care functions.
- Obtains and articulates pertinent data in an objective manner.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to the RN or LPN to assure continuum of care.
- Documents the various aspects of care on appropriate forms according to RMC policies and procedures.
- Performs Patient Safety Attendant functions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Work Experience/License/Certifications
- High school graduate or equivalent
- On Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry OR
- RN or LPN student with first clinical rotation successfully completed
- Previous Nursing Assistant expereince
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Knowledge of basic computer functions
- Ability to respond appropriately to unpredictable situation and diverse patient populations
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team
- Capable of making independent decisions with the use of good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a high stress and fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate in the English language for effective written and verbal correspondence in order to complete job functions as mentioned above
Click here to review the physical demands of this position
Join an organization that seeks to enhance the lifelong health of the people it serves with a culture that nurtures the whole person- mind, body and spirit. Ridgeview Medical Center will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, union membership, creed, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status with regards to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission, or any other category that may be protected by law.