The Patient Services Specialist III (PSS III) performs a range of expert-level intake and associated administrative services pertaining to patients being admitted to the treatment facility or receiving outpatient services to include collecting co-pays and deposits, scheduling follow-up appointments, and ordering diagnostic tests as directed.
The Patient Services Specialist III will also have responsibility for the following:
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing.
- Inputs patient registration information into computer registration system and verifies accuracy of information.
- Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients.
- Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members.
- Facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support.
- Prepares required forms orders and maintains inventory of supplies as required.
- Analyze unpaid third-party claims and delinquent accounts to determine appropriate follow-up actions to ensure payment.
- Acts as a mentor to other department PSS employees and provides training on application, website and other resources.
The ideal Patient Service Representative III (PSS III) candidate is organized, detail-oriented and shows a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team.
- Location/Facility - Hillcrest Marketplace Clinic
- Specialty/Department/Practice - CC - Marketplace- Admin
- Shift/Schedule - Mon-Sat 8a-7:30a, Sun 10a-5:30p
- 12 hour day shifts, every other weekend required.
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required