Arconic Fastening Systems is looking for a Group Leader I – Processing in our Plating department on weekend shift. This role provides guidance to a group of coworkers performing tasks such as receiving, packaging, warehousing, shipping, maintenance and operations support and duties of similar complexity; instructs employees in the performance of assigned duties; and supports creation and maintenance of product flows and actively participates in Continuous Improvement activities in a lean manufacturing environment. This position will be based in our Waco, TX plant.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Fastening Systems, a business unit of Arconic, holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFS employs over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 31 locations.
- Regularly performs the duties associated with specific job assignments within the assigned department.
- Plans and schedules work on a short-term basis, assigning tasks to other employees in the workgroup.
- Ensures assigned tasks are completed in accordance with schedule and quality standards.
- Identifies training needs and arranges for or conducts training required to ensure that employees can correctly perform assigned job duties and to increase level of competence.
- Actively develops and implements Continuous Improvement projects to improve process capabilities, using Huck Global Production system tools and techniques.
- Participates in identification of root causes for quality problems and development of corrective action plans, ensuring that all products and work performed conform to established quality standards.
- Involved in the selection of new employees, ensuring qualifications-based hiring decisions.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with established safety standards, provides instruction on safety procedures, and corrects safety deficiencies.
- Orders, or coordinates the ordering of, items needed to sustain operations such as parts, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Completes required documentation accurately and in timely fashion in both automated and hard copy formats.
- Reports matters that are beyond the scope of authority to immediate Supervisor or Manager for resolution.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Arconic Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to learn manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs all work activities in accordance with safety and environmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in an industrial setting
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing work in assigned area of specialization and demonstrated levels of acceptable performance is preferred.