Senior Instructional Designer, Global Analytics Platform Strategy
As a senior instructional designer for the Data-driven Everything (D2E) program within Amazon Web Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a high growth program to assist WWSO Analytics and field sellers in their “AWS for Data” enablement journey. The Data-Driven Everything (D2E) program is focused on helping organizations drive their overall data strategy and modernize their analytics platform. Organizations today have unique needs and paths for cloud analytics adoption, and the AWS Global Analytics Strategy team helps customers transform their businesses using the industry’s broadest and deepest portfolio of data, analytics, and AIML cloud services and solutions.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key learning paths and accelerating continuous learning by different roles, leveraging technology to accelerate enablement, partnering across multiple teams, develop content, and focusing enablement on both business and technical decision makers. This is an exciting opportunity with the potential to drive results and high impact across key enablement and sales metrics.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and design instructional based enablement projects and mechanisms to ensure effective development and delivery of creative and innovative training solutions that scale across multiple geographies and languages
- Solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities
- Drive utilization of evaluation and performance data to support data-driven learning solutions.
- Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics to support the future state of learning
- Delivery of enablement content and leveraging tools to drive enablement sessions
- Work at both the strategic and tactical level to champion bold and creative ideas
- Autonomy to drive creative, innovative, and new approaches to enablement across WWSO Analytics and global field seller teams
- Experience in working in a matrixed organization and the ability to multi-task across key team initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
A day in the life
We are looking for a professional who has demonstrated the ability to build and develop high performing enablement programs, prioritize workstreams in alignment with organizational goals, and push the boundaries of the learning experience. You will need to be both strategic and responsive to effectively produce high quality output in our fast paced and innovative environment. You will coordinate strategic initiatives with peers across AWS which implement best practices and explore the use of existing and new technologies and multi-modal learning experiences. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in instructional design techniques and methodologies, that enable them to understand the key challenges that customers face in building and executing on data-related initiatives and how to leverage information as an asset. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling enablement and assets, collaborate with Analytics Product Marketing, and work cross-organizationally to leverage all available AWS resources. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- MBA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development
- 7+ Years Developing and executing strategies, development and delivery of creative and innovative training solutions at a high-tech or innovative customer
- 7+ years of experience developing training in a variety of delivery modalities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a global environment.
- Technical background around data, analytics, and AIML very desirable
- A strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis in demonstrating return on investment in training.
- Technical aptitude to be able to quickly learn new technologies and develop various learning solutions.
- Familiarity and/or experience with program management tools, content management systems, learning management systems, translation processes, content authoring and instructional design tools
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $176,100- 238,200/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.