Business Development Manager - Well-Architected Program
Would you like to be part of a team that drives architectural health across partners? Amazon Web Services is leading the next significant change in computing and is looking for world class candidates to increase adoption of Well-Architected best practices across AWS leading systems integrators, management consulting firms, and independent software vendors across North America and Canada? Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to help partners realize the value of building Well-Architected into their DNA?
As a Business Development lead within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon’s architectural best practices across AWS’s most strategic business partners and their customers. Your responsibility will be to drive adoption across executive and field relationships with leading AWS partners on a national scale. By establishing and growing their business and technical aptitude, you will drive customer satisfaction and overall end customer adoption. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, a sales background that enables them to interact with partners and sales/field reps, and the ability to engage across multiple vertical markets to achieve results. He/she should also can think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and to build and convey compelling customer value propositions around adopting Well-Architected as a mechanism.
You will be expected to:
· Lead BizDev activities that increase partner adoption of Well-Architected best practices
· Assesses, Creates and launches initiatives that increase Well-Architected partner adoption and partner-led customer engagements
· Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from engagements to promote re-use with the worldwide AWS SA community
· Share insights and lessons learned with AWS Well-Architected, Partner, and Support teams to contribute to the continual improvement of AWS platform and services based on Customer needs
· Develop and present detailed technical demonstrations to Senior Business and Technical leaders
· Position requires travel -- generally, between 0 - 35%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.“Inclusive Team Culture.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges in the cloud.
· 5+ years in partner sales and/or alliance development in software/technology
· Experience engaging and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in enterprise customers
· Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
· Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
· Willing to travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers, partners, and to AWS events
· 5+ years in sales or alliances for a public cloud technology company or division, e.g. Salesforce.com, Microsoft Azure
· Direct experience working with AWS consulting and/or technology partners or you have been an employee at a large AWS partner, e.g. Slalom, Accenture, Deloitte
· Functional expertise selling, business development or program management of large enterprise database migration customer engagements.
· Experience driving go-to-market with AWS Technology (ISV) companies, e.g. Pega Systems, Adobe
· Advanced understanding of AWS, cloud architecture and infrastructure
· Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
· Organizational skills and attention-to-detail with the ability to set clear priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
· Inquisitive; will always ask questions to see the “big picture” or get a handle on the details
· Entrepreneurial, self-starter
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.