An Order Selector is responsible for selecting product in a safe and efficient manner, which includes reading labels, placing product in the proper locations on pallets and preparing it for shipping. Selectors accomplish this by following standard work instructions and operating heavy equipment (pallet jacks/forklifts). The position is physically demanding and entails exposure to varying temperature zones.
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, Start time is 6pm, end time is variable depending on workload
- $17.95/hr training (up to 12 weeks)
- Average pay after training - $29/hr
- 4 day work week option available, typically 7-9 hour shifts.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Scan job functions into labor clock; obtain proper paperwork for the shift
- Manual transfer of cased product from pick slots to pallet and affix label
- Secure products on pallets; build according to prescribed procedures
- Pay close attention to detail while performing job duties including but not limited to reading labels, selection, tranfers, palletizing, etc.
- Stock and set up selection area
- Meet selection standards and accuracy standards
- Safely operate all warehouse equipment and obey all safety rules
- Read alpha and numeric codes from pick sheets and slots
- Work in multi-temperature areas as assigned
- May select products using Vocollect technology
- Produce a quality work output on a consistent basis
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
6 months experience in a highly physical, labor intensive position (ie. construction, distribution warehouse, equipment/machine operator, farmhand, freight handler or other positions which require continuous activity and heavy lifting and/or which deals with multi-temperatures)
Must have the ability to work in varying temperature zones, from freezer temperatures to non-air conditioned temperatures in the summer
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and up to 80 pounds occasionally
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Must have the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment including the use and types of materials/tools, method and work instructions
Must be a team player, including the ability to communicate well with others
Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to produce quality work
Must have a strong service orientation
Must have basic math skills
Must have basic reading skills
Must be able to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime as required
Must be 18 years of age
Must pass a post offer drug test and background check
High School Diploma/GED or State Approved Equivalent.
6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience.
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience.
Experience using a motorized pallet jack.
Motorized pallet jack certified.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company“) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law“ poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Address Line 1
32 Thompson Drive
Reinhart Burlington (0567)