Assists the Primary Care Physicians in providing medical services to patients in specialized areas such as Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Geriatrics
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Examines patients and diagnose illness.
- Assists or performs routine laboratory, screening and therapeutic procedures.
- Facilitates the physician's referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies or resources of the community.
- Administers medication to patients according to established policies.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and written documentation including medical records, as required by the department, company, state and federal agencies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Supervisory Relationship: Collaborative relation to the Physician and/or Medical Director
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
Minimum: Nurse Practitioner License, or Licensed Independent Practitioner
Preferred: Nationally Certified Family Nurse Practitioner.
Minimum: NP license and CPR Certification
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
Minimum: Demonstrated experience in community clinic and/or Managed Care System. Experience working with the elderly.
Supervisory Experience: Supervision of nurses.
Equipment Used: Diagnostic and therapeutic spirometry (e.g. EKG)
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job: Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred.
Good oral and written communication
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job: Wound Care, ACLS
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of standing and
walking. Frequent sitting. May assist patients in getting onto examination table. Will be
required to work at other sites. Will be requires to work participate on on-call panel and
work evenings and/or weekends.
Equipment Used: Computers, phones, personal vehicles, copy machines and fax machines and other office equipment
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1830 / 1840 West Drive - California, 1830 / 1840 West Drive, Vista, California, United States of America