Activity Assistant- Part time
Are you dependable? Energetic? Compassionate? Do you love interacting with seniors? Vista Village Vista’s premier assisted living community for seniors, is searching for an Activity Assistant/Driver. Our Activity Assistant/Driver is responsible for transporting our residents in our mini-bus to and from doctor’s appointments, shopping trips and scheduled outings. When not transporting residents, our Activity Assistant/Driver may assist the Activity Director in implementing a wide range of activities, entertainment and outings that meet the needs and desires of our residents. Experience is a plus – but a love for seniors is a must! Our Activity Assistant/Driver must have a Class B driver’s license, a good driving record, and be able to pass a drug-screen and a state-required criminal background check. Vista Village offers an excellent work environment and top pay. If interested, please apply at 2041 West Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083 or submit your resume.
The Vibrant Life® Assistant is responsible for ensuring safe driving of the community’s van and supervision of the residents during property outings. The Vibrant Life® Assistant will also assist carrying out Vibrant Life® activities within the property, as assigned. Reports to: Vibrant Life® Director or Executive Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. Operate property vehicle/van safely for daily outings and medical appointments.
2. Assist with the safe loading of property residents’ on to and off of property vehicle/van.
3. Follow all state and federal laws when operating the vehicle/van. Comply with standards and processes of vehicle/van inspection and driving.
4. Act as a member of the Vibrant Life® staff when on outings and within the community.
5. Participate in daily outings with the residents to include assistance on and off the vehicle/van, supervision of residents, assistance with personal care, and participation in planned activities.
6. Assist with planned property Vibrant Life® activities and programs within the community between vehicle/van trips.
7. Responsible for ensuring that the vehicle/van is in proper operational order, registration and insurance information is present and up-to-date. Promptly report all vehicle/van safety, mechanical or maintenance issues to supervisor.
8. Maintain communication with the property through use of the cell phone. Keep cell phone charged and on during the workday.
9. Understand that resident safety is paramount. Offer feedback to property staff on ways to improve safety during vehicle/van trips.
10. Train community staff on the proper loading/unloading of the vehicle/van and wheelchair lift usage.
11. Per State of California regulations, as a "mandated reporter" you must report all known or suspected incidents of resident abuse of dependent adults or elders.
12. Provide support to community’s marketing efforts through positive/friendly interaction during all property tours and telephone contact with the public, and as directed by a supervisor.
13. Communicate any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor immediately.
14. Perform day-to-day clerical work connected with the position.
15. Attend all scheduled in-service classes.
16. Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety standards.
17. Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
18. Support a positive and professional image through actions and dress.
19. Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Vibrant Life® Director.