Location: Virginia Beach, VA (Sabre)
Department: Quality Assurance
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Mon-Friday 9AM-5PM
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope.
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health’s success:
As a Records Specialist you would provide support to the Quality Assurance Record Review process, performing data entry of basic donor and production related information, and clerical type tasks related to donor chart documents and information.
What you’ll do:
- Perform accurate entry, filing and retrieving of Quality Assurance records/information into the appropriate system(s) in a timely and process appropriate manner.
- Perform paper record scanning to electronic format and verification of scanned document.
- Compile, prepare and copy appropriate Quality Assurance donor related documents along with appropriate laboratory results, in a timely and orderly fashion.
- Prepare and sends copies of Quality Assurance documents and summary reports required by internal and external clients, as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other QA staff members, fostering team-oriented work environment, to obtain and monitor information needed to complete the donor chart (from both internal and external clients.)
- Interact using courteous, timely, appropriate and effective communication methods for both internal/external customers.
What you’ll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year Experience working with hospital or patient medical records; 3 years preferred
- 1 year Experience in data entry with great emphasis on accuracy
- Advanced degree or formal certificate in a related field (Medical Office or Medical Records Support) strongly preferred
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Requires following clearly defined procedures. Problems are solved easily or by consulting with supervisor.
- Occasionally determines if questionable information is within incumbent’s authority to investigate and/or resolve. Will communicate information received and any changes to the frequency with which information is received. Making recommendations for how best to handle such changes within the workgroup is optional.
- Requires communicating well with people at different levels; sharing information, listening and understanding other points of view.
- Requires working as part of a group to solve issues and problems.
- Ability to perform routine tasks and demonstrate basic analytical skills. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Skills operating basic and complex business machines.
- Knowledge of procedures and services working with patient medical records and confidential information preferred.
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You won’t find another company with a culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events (Chili Cook-Off, 5K, Celebration of Life Gala, and many more!)
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Paid lunches
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Food Truck Thursday (at participating locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.