Performs a variety of duties involved in hair styling and hair care services at a main branch or location haircare facility for authorized military and civilian personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides complete hair care services to clients such as shampooing shaping styling cutting relaxing coloring permanent waving using liquid styling tools scissors razors clippers pin curls rollers hot combs curling irons etc.
- Checks clients scalp and hair for disorders such as sores abrasions or diseases which may interfere with requested services. Consults with clients on matters pertaining to their haircare needs.
- Maintains combs in solution and sanitizes equipment in chemical or physical agents responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of designated work stations and shop makes necessary preparations for shampoo and towels to be used to minimize delay of client service.
- Maintains an updated record of client serviceschemical formulas i.e. color relaxers permanents etc.
- Operates cash register prepares hair care chits collects and accounts for cash received from clients balances daily sales using Salespersons Daily Cash Report.
- Sells hair care products to clients and maintains Daily Appointment Book by name of client time and StylistBarber assigned. May open and close shop. Assists with monthly inventory. Carries out policy of courtesy and customer service.
- Ensures 100 customer satisfaction. Works under the general supervision of a designated supervisor. Carries out assignments with independence within prescribed policies and procedures exercises tact in dealing with clients. Work is reviewed in terms of quality of services provided and client satisfaction achieved.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires continual use of both arms and hands and involves frequent standing reaching and light lifting. Objects handled such as beauty service apparatus implements appliances etc. seldom weigh in excess of 5 pounds. Dexterity is required in applying manual massaging techniques.
Work is performed inside a haircare facility with proper lighting sufficient plumbing and heating adequate aisle space strong water pressure plenty of hot water adequate electric power and outlets for appliances and apparatus. Incumbent is subject to the possibility of cuts burns strains and electric shock and is exposed to hair cuttings skin conditions common colds and communicable diseases. Is required to wear a smock wash hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water and sanitize implements and apparatus after each use
EDUCATION AND LICENSE Graduate of an accredited school of cosmetology and possession of a valid U. S. State License in Cosmetology. Candidates selected for hire who possess a U.S. State License in Cosmetology from a State other than the State the position is located must obtain a valid State License in Cosmetology in the State the position is located within six months from the date of hire. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Requires continual use of both arms and hands and involves frequent standing reaching and light lifting. Objects handled such as beauty service apparatus implements appliances etc. seldom weigh in excess of 5 pounds. Dexterity is required in applying manual massaging techniques.