Build, develop, and lead a skilled team of Explosive Performance trainers and recruit members to meet and exceed revenue and service expectations.
- Deliver the Ultimate Fitness Experience to every member, every time
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage a team of EP trainers
- Achieve monthly revenue and operating goals for EP services
- Generate, track, and distribute leads
- Manage new member integration via Smart Start and sales leads provided by Fitness Director
- Implement all Explosive Performance training standard operating procedures
- Assist Explosive Performance in becoming the leading sport-specific training company in the nation through education, effort, and ingenuity
- Recruit and mentor Explosive Performance trainers and interns, providing ongoing coaching and feedback
- Conduct necessary staff and business development meeting per week for Explosive Performance Coaches
- Introduce up-to-date, safe, fun, and efficient training methods
- Complete at least 16 outbound calls to prospects (coaches, youth leagues, schools, Smart Start leads) per day
- Generate at least five new leads per day
- Conduct four follow-ups on all leads and track stage of sales process in EP Red Book
- Track all EP training leads (including Smart Starts) in the Explosive Performance Red Book Lead List
- Authorize and manage scheduled Explosive Performance group training hours
- Organize and conduct special events, logging them on the Marketing Promotions calendar
- Audit and authorize all Explosive Performance transactions weekly using Rhino reports
- Verify and approve Explosive Performance training payroll and commissions bimonthly
- Attend all mandatory Explosive Performance meetings and development
- Maintain personnel files for all Explosive Performance trainers and ensure they stay current with company-mandated credentials
- Develop and distribute in-club advertising and marketing materials
- Organize bimonthly client performance testing according to Explosive Performance protocol
- Ensure new clients complete registration form, FMS screening, nutrition questionnaire, and ESD testing as required
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work early morning, evening, and weekend shifts as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, MS Windows)
- Ability to create and monitor annual budgets and conduct monthly budget reviews
- Ability to create financial projections for programs that detail income and expenses
- Candidates should be prepared to participate in training on EP-specific methods such as: SMR (TP Therapy), AIS, Dynamic Flexibility, Linear Speed, Acceleration, Multi-Directional Speed, FMS, Keiser Power, TRX training, combine preparation
Required Experience, Education, & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized personal training certification from a US Fitness accepted provider is required
- CPR/AED Certification required
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Bonus
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
US Fitness is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its recruitment and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact us at 703-740-9009 or by email at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US Fitness is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all hiring and employment practices strictly in accordance with applicable employment discrimination laws and regulations. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is illegal. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), pregnancy, protected veteran status, status as a uniformed service member under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“uniformed service member status“), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other categories defined by federal, state, or local law.
EEO IS THE LAW