OceanFirst Bank is seeking a new Personal Banker at our Vineland branch!
At OceanFirst Bank, each one of our employees plays an important role in fulfilling the mission and taking responsibility to execute daily tasks in alignment with our core values. Together we foster an environment of respect, professionalism and diversity that makes OceanFirst a great place to work and do business.
Great benefits include: professional growth opportunities, employee perks & discount programs, tuition assistance program, incentive compensation program, company holidays and paid time off, and more! Apply today to #BecomeOceanFirst and make an impact in the local community!
Accurately process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality service. Contribute to the growth, profitability, and customer retention of the Branch by meeting sales and service goals and objectives. Assess customer needs and effectively sell appropriate banking products and services. Provide banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets customers warmly and professionally. Utilizing consultative selling and profiling techniques, assists new and existing customers to select appropriate products and services to meet their needs.
- Balances and proves cash drawer and work daily to ensure minimum teller difference and controllable loss performance standards are achieved. Attends to night deposit vault, ATM, ITM, coin machine as needed.
- Daily outbound calling to customers and prospects to promote Bank, Wealth and NEST products and services.
- Meets and exceeds annually, all assigned sales goals for Bank products and referral goals for NEST and digital products.
- Proactively sells all Bank products and services to deepen and preserve relationships, based on customer need.
- Identifies sales opportunities for Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Wealth and Trust services as well as other strategic sales goals as directed by management.
- Solicits new consumer loan applications, processes applications, and closes loans.
- Receives and responds to all customer inquiries concerning Bank services, interacting with all internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs account and record maintenance duties as directed.
- Provides notary services if licensed.
- Processes deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashes checks, and all other teller transactions, in accordance with Bank’s policy.
- Serves as Branch Supervisor if directed by management.
- Assists with related branch office functions as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Proficient in the migration of customers to the digital channels of the Bank.
- Remains current and applies an understanding on all Bank policies and procedures, to include BSA, attending additional training classes as directed
- Participates in the Branch Incentive Program.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations governing the banking industry, as well as employment and labor laws, agency guidelines and organization policies.
- Manages the compliance requirements for the Retail Branch to ensure files are maintained in accordance with regulations.
- Ensures that all staff members meet compliance and disclosure requirements and are cross trained in all.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent sales and service.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and an attention to detail with strong organizational skills and a basic knowledge of opening new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, etc.
- Computer literacy, moderate typing skills and knowledge of standard office equipment, including calculator.
- Working knowledge of bank products, services and software or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
- Mastery of operational Teller aspects.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules in accordance with the needs of the branch.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a direct customer service capacity, with 1-year prior cash handling, preferably in a retail banking environment, teller related experience preferred.
- Prior experience in sales capacity, preferably in a retail banking environment.
- Valid NMLS Registration required.
Internal and External Contacts
- Internal contact with managers, inter-branch and departmental personnel as well as outside vendors
- External contact with existing customers and prospects of the Bank.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Ability to communicate in order to exchange information with individual customers. Ability to travel throughout the company footprint if required. Ability to navigate throughout the branch to facilitate customer requests and meet operational standards. Ability to operate a computer, phone and operationally essential equipment as required. Ability to handle money and position self to transport coin bags and boxes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity