Mentor Technical Group (MTG) provides a comprehensive portfolio of technical support and solutions for the FDA-regulated industry. As a world leader in life science engineering and technical solutions, MTG has the knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device safety and efficacy guidelines. With offices in Caguas, PR, Boston, MA & San Francisco, CA and we serve life sciences clients in six global markets: United States, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Germany, Canada, and South America.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Typically, an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower-level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
- Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
- Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments.
- Contributes to the completion of project milestones.
- May have some involvement in cross functional assignments.
- Problems and issues faced are general and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex.
- Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts.
- External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature.
- Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making.
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
- Equipment installation, set up, and installation qualification.
- Technical writing of reports and procedures.
- Manufacturing process validation.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate equipments, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk, or hear; sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25-35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- He / she may frequently work inside weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, exposed to wet and or humid conditions, and an odorous atmosphere, may be exposed to fumes and the risk of electrical shock ,and occasionally work on ladders in high places, in small spaces, such as lift/metering stations, manholes, tanks and wet wells. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Mentor Technical Group es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y todos los solicitantes calificados recibirán consideración para el empleo sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, información genética, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido, estado de discapacidad o cualquier otro grupo protegido por ley.
Mentor Technical Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.