Mentor Technical Group (MTG) provides a comprehensive portfolio of technical support and solutions for the FDA-regulated industry. As a world leader in life science engineering and technical solutions, MTG has the knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device safety and efficacy guidelines. With offices in Caguas, PR, Boston, MA & San Francisco, CA and we serve life sciences clients in six global markets: United States, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Germany, Canada, and South America.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- An individual contributor with responsibility in our technical functions to advance existing technology or introduce new technology and therapies.
- Formulates, delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower-level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering R&D, systems or initiatives related to new technologies or therapies – from design to implementation - while adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills.
- Entry-level individual contributor on a project or work team.
- Works with close supervision.
- Delivers work of limited scope, typically smaller, less complex projects or related activities.
- Innovation and Complexity: Identifies, defines and addresses problems that are not immediately evident but typically not difficult or complex.
- Makes minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems.
- Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires a Baccalaureate degree (or for degrees earned outside of the United States, a degree which satisfies the requirements of 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)( 4)(iii)(A), 0 years of experience required. Bachelor Degree in Engineering is Required
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate equipment, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk, or hear; sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25-35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- He / she may frequently work inside weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, exposed to wet and or humid conditions, and an odorous atmosphere, may be exposed to fumes and the risk of electrical shock, and occasionally work on ladders in high places, in small spaces, such as lift/metering stations, manholes, tanks and wet wells. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Mentor Technical Group es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y todos los solicitantes calificados recibirán consideración para el empleo sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, información genética, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido, estado de discapacidad o cualquier otro grupo protegido por ley.
Mentor Technical Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.