At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This person in this role collaborates with key stakeholders and portfolio leaders to create transparency into overall financial health of multiple IT portfolio, supports the planning and execution of work, and provides financial analysis to help with investment decisions based on strategic alignment of both Baseline and Project budgets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the coordination of both baseline and project IT portfolio budgets. Coordinate the monthly financial close and forecast processes and executes related variance analysis.
- Proactively monitor and track the IT portfolio investments to maintain enterprise wide visibility in alignment with budget targets
- Maintain and enhance relationships with Finance, Business Units and IT partners through close collaboration. Communicate status and performance to key stakeholders, including Senior Leadership on a regular as well as ad-hoc basis.
- Gathers and submits monthly status reports to provide transparency and commentary around established Performance Indicators (PI’s).
- Coordinates and supports deliverables related to emergent initiatives and special assignments with focus on sharing of business process expertise, continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitate and align IT investment planning via Project Authorization and Long Range Planning cycles.
- Identify and/or process budget offsets to reflect evolving and emergent needs.
- Facilitate the financial management process, including analysis of actual results to forecast and budget for Baseline and Project Portfolios.
- Facilitate the annual Baseline & Project LRP build and variance analysis; support challenge sessions with IT Leadership
- Execute management level reporting and presentations
- Analyze resource usage against budget and past trends
- Support project authorization process
- Identify new cost optimization opportunities and risks
- Oversee KPI development, tracking, and reporting
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, IT, Finance, Accounting, etc.) and 5 – 8 years relevant experience (IT and/or a business area working with forecast and budget for Baseline and Project Portfolios) or 9 – 12 years of equivalent education and work experience
- Broad business process expertise with in-depth knowledge of Finance and Business Planning activity
- Demonstrated planning skills with delivery of long and short-term goals
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong judgment; excellent analytical ability and consulting skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management; proven ability to present to and communicate with Senior and Executive Leaders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, Smartview, Essbase
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster