To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship by demonstrating leadership through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of professional nursing practice. Nursing care is provided to the individual patient based upon diverse patient demographics and needs.
- Demonstrates effective medication management and administration to patients as evidenced by preceptor observation and clinical practice outcomes.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation and supervision of patient care activities within the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the healthcare team and promotes effective team functioning.
- Helps to monitor the effectiveness of existing processes towards improving quality outcomes.
- Recognizes and resolves safety issues and potential unsafe situations within approved policies, procedures and protocol.
- Demonstrates consistently low risk behavior and support of the Just Culture principles.
- Actively participates in the development and attainment of department team goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to practice standards, care bundles and best practices in delivery of care to patient and family.
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking, prudent judgment and direction to staff in nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, interventions and evaluation of outcomes, and adjusts plan of care as needed.
- Efficiently and effectively utilizes Health First information systems to access standards of care, enter patient data and care parameters, individualize plan of care and communicate with interdisciplinary team.
- Completes yearly competency assessment and age specific checklist.
- Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced by observation and feedback, leader rounding, performance coaching and patient outcomes.
- Facilitates and leads effective interdisciplinary care transition rounds and planning of care for appropriate utilization, care transitions and safe disposition.
- Serves in a coaching, mentor or instructive role to nurse interns, students and peers, etc.
- Effectively leads shift and post-event huddles.
- Participates and provides feedback to manager for associate ESU, interviews and performance management.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and effective application of emergency procedures (e.g. Code Green, Code Silver, etc.).
- Demonstrates dependability, reliability and flexibility.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school ofprofessional nursing
- BSN required
- Conditional and time limited waiver for BSNrequirement may apply to internal associates who complete their BSN within 3years of transition to new role (grand-father provision).
- Licensure: Current Florida RN licensure orendorsement
- Certification: Must hold current AHA BLSHealthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- National certification in relevant specialtypreferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of relevantclinical experience preferred.
- Must meet unit specific care requirements.
- Language: Must be able to speak / understandwritten and verbal instructions in the English language
- Must have visual acuity and hand-eyecoordination to perform clinical tasks.
- Must have corrected vision and hearing to normalrange.
- Must be able to lift, turn, pull, push orambulate patients / equipment up to 90% of the assigned shift (exception: IVTherapy).
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassistedup to 33% of the assigned shift (exception: IV Therapy = 15 pounds).
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop upto 90% of assigned shift.
- Potential for exposure to bio-hazardous waste,and known or unknown diseases.
- Must have ability to work in often stressfulenvironment with patients / families at various ages and levels ofunderstanding.
- Must have ability to concentrate on multiplepriority activities.
- Must have ability to respond appropriately tolife threatening situations.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solvingskills.
- Highly developed communication skills, verbaland non-verbal.
COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT/SKILLS CHECKLIST:
- Must meet the charge RN/supervisor competencyassessment/skills checklist requirements in accordance with the Florida NursePractice Act within 3 months of employment and annually.