Virtual Care Veterinary Technician
Modern Animal, Inc.
Job title: Virtual Care Veterinary Technician
Reports to: Lead Virtual Care Veterinary Technician
Our Virtual Care team forms the backbone of the communications that occur with our members when they are not present in our clinics. Virtual Care Veterinary Technicians with deep veterinary experience are necessary to provide concise, accurate, and consistent education and information to Modern Animal members utilizing our Virtual Care service at any time of the day or night.
Duties and responsibilities
The Virtual Care Veterinary Technician will be able to perform all of the duties necessary for the provision of Virtual Care services to Modern Animal members, including:
- Engaging with Modern Animal users on the Modern Animal app on multiple platforms, including text-based chat, audio, and video
- Addressing member concerns regarding the health and well-being of their animals, including both general queries and those directly related to Modern Animal clinic encounters
- Reviewing specific patient information in both the Modern Animal app and the practice management system before and during interactions to quickly gain a general understanding of the pet’s relative medical history, for those pets that we have seen in-clinic, in order to provide information that is as specific to that pet as possible
- Utilizing veterinary medical knowledge to make recommendations to Modern Animal members regarding patient signs and symptoms
- Documenting member interactions in the practice management system in a meticulous and expeditious fashion
- Utilizing information regarding member location and area emergency facilities to make recommendations regarding nearest location of emergency care
- Verifying and fulfilling prescription requests through our online pharmacy partner
- Delivering an unparalleled client experience as directed by the Modern Animal customer care philosophy
- Utilizing set procedures and protocols at all times, including those specifically related to the delivery of medical advice over electronic devices
- Participating in the evaluation of systems, giving frequent, productive feedback to Head of Veterinary Medicine and/or the Lead Virtual Care Veterinary Technician
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Head of Veterinary Medicine and/or the Lead Virtual Care Veterinary Technician
- Graduation from an AVMA-accredited veterinary technician school or equivalent experience
- Veterinary Technician Licensure in good-standing
- At least two years experience in the practice of small animal veterinary medicine and surgery
- Competence in patient care in-clinic and at-home, surgical and dental procedures, and the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions that would be routinely anticipated to occur in a general small animal practice
- Willingness to grow and adapt, and an inclination to embrace change and work together to build an optimal solution for all
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
The job of Virtual Care Veterinary Technician at Modern Animal requires regular evening, overnight, and weekend work, careful attention to detail, and working with clients experiencing emotional distress and/or frustration.
Physical requirements: Nothing exceptional or specific
Space requirements: Must have a quiet space where they can conduct virtual care consultations without interruption.
Direct reports: None