Req Number: 24926
We invite you to come join the RadNet Radiology team as Tech Assistant at Elite Advanced Imaging in Victorville, California . This is a Part Time position consisting of Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Occasional Sundays from 8:30am-5:00 pm
The Technologist Aide is responsible for assisting technologists with patient exams/procedures and the everyday work flow.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets patients with courtesy and respect; introduces self; describes procedures; puts patients at ease.
- Administers oral contrast to patients and provides instructions as needed under direction of technologist.
- Practices universal medical precautions.
- Keeps patient information confidential.
- Must appear friendly to all customers and patients at all times.
- Responds to requests and questions efficiently, effectively and in a positive fashion.
- Handles upset or irate individuals professionally and courteously.
- Portrays self-control when under stress; remains professional in all situations.
- Ensures trust by presenting a neat and professional image; personally, in the waiting area and diagnostic room.
- Remains aware of appointment delays and changes to schedules.
- Processes film by placing on film tray of automatic processor.
- Refills/loads empty cassettes with correct film size and type.
- Maintains necessary light-tightness in darkroom at all times.
- Keeps film level stocked in film bin.
- ID’s film with pertinent patient information accurately.
- Maintains cleanliness of darkroom.
- Duplicates film as requested.
- Reports any processor or related component malfunctions.
- Checks level of chemicals and maintain proper levels.
- Assists QC coordinator with densitometry and sensitometry daily.
- Participates in QC program as directed by team leader.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and universal precautions.
- Accurately and correctly hangs all satellite films on the light board.
- Organizes all satellite films and coordinates the necessary paperwork for the radiologist.
- Ensures that all necessary comparison films are hung and we have the appropriate reports.
- Compiles processed films, film packet, patient control documents, contrast media release form and any other related documents.
- Delivers complete study along with accurate and complete paperwork to reading room for interpretation.
- Hangs and removes studies on view boxes as needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes paperwork flow.
- Serves as courier (when needed) to deliver and/or retrieve reports, films or supplies.
- To Patient Services Rep
- Greets patients and provides completed paperwork as needed
- Collects encounter forms, co-payments, insurance information as needed
- Answers phones and schedules patients for exams when necessary
- Assists in handling of imaging reports
- To Technologists
- Brings patients back to dressing booths and provides proper gowning directions
- Assists in lifting and transferring physically challenged patients to and from exam tables
- Completes portion of the paperwork process for technologist when necessary
- To the Radiologists
- Loads and unloads motorized film viewer
- Removes film jackets and related paperwork from reading room
- Phones or faxes stat reading when requested
- Proofreads patient reports as necessary
- Delivers report to referring physician when applicable
HD Elite Adv Img-1288
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Must have one of the following: a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills, strong public relations skills, and good written and verbal communications skills.
Pay Range: $16.50- $19.00/hr