Nuclear Medicine/ PET Technologist
Req Number: 25085
We invite you to come join our High Desert Advanced Imaging team as a Nuclear Medicine/PET Technologist. This is a Per Diem career opportunity, and is located at our multi-modality outpatient imaging practice in Victorville, CA. This position will be a varied schedule. As a Nuclear Medicine/PET Technologist you'll:
- Perform high quality positron emission tomography/computed tomography images on patients while providing excellent care.
- Assure proper dose of radionuclides are ordered for each patient.
- Check dose labels to ensure the radionuclide is correct for each patient procedure.
- Examine doses and adjust accordingly to ensure each dose matches the recommended amount.
- Obtain blood sugar levels as needed.
- Start intravenous lines or perform straight stick venipuncture for isotope injection.
- Administer radionuclide in a safe and effective manner.
- Explain test procedures and safety precautions to patients; guiding them through the process by gently talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process.
- Monitor patients' well- being during exams; when patient discomfort or medical problems are recognized take appropriate action.
- Follow established nuclear medicine protocols and procedures.
- Perform and document surveys and wipe tests of incoming and outgoing radioactive shipments in accordance with departmental policies.
- Maintain a nuclear medicine information system for all patient dosing, calibration, receiving and disposition, and all regulatory reports required by the RAM license.
- Treat patients and patient's family members (or care providers) that may accompany the patient with courtesy, professionalism, and respect.
- Under the direction of the radiologist, administers radiopharmaceuticals to detect or treat diseases using radioisotopes.
- Disposes of and stores radioactive materials following radiation safety procedures.
- Documents and reports any over-exposures and advises management immediately.
- Respond to physician questions and needs regarding patients.
HD Elite Adv Img-1288
- Must have current ARRT(N) and/or NMTCB certification with State Nuclear Medicine License.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- CPR certification required.
- Must have venipuncture certification/permit.
Pay Range: $48.00-$52.00/hour