At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Staff Environmental Engineer to join our team in a Full-Time position in our Victoria, Texas offices.
The position will entail working with upper-level managers to complete Golder technical projects. Duties will include managing office- and field-based tasks, performing investigations and preparing technical reports.
Your primary responsibilities may include:
- Operating safely in the field (performing work safely is our highest priority);
- Assist with and prepare technical reports such as Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Facility Response Plans (FRP), Texas, National, and Louisiana Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES, NPDES, and LPDES) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) permitting.
- Perform subsurface investigations including drilling, geologic/geotechnical logging, and environmental media sampling.
- Perform environmental investigations, collect environmental data, and provide technical support on a variety of Phase I and II environmental site assessments, environmental compliance, environmental due diligence investigation, regulatory permitting, site remediation, and emergency spill response projects.
- Provide data interpretation and evaluation; perform engineering calculations, cost estimates, and quality control checks of calculations performed by others.
- Interacting with senior Golder staff to meet task, schedule, and budget requirements is a key to success in this position.
- Gain increasing responsibility with project tasks through training provided by Golder and by working with senior staff and management
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or similar engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of 1-5 years in the environmental consulting industry.
- General understanding of the state and federal environmental regulatory structure.
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft products.
- Expected to have strong skills in mathematics, data analyses, data interpretation, and technical writing.
- Must be capable of effectively representing themselves in a professional setting and must possess good communication skills.
- Candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to interact with colleagues while arriving at solutions to complex project problems.
- Travel in the US, including travel for extended assignments, is required.
- The ability to communicate constructively with contractors, clients, and senior Golder personnel is essential.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training.
- Safety Council Basic-Plus training
- Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness training
- Experience with GIS and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Report writing and field & construction documentation skills.
- Experience with oil and gas projects, including pipelines and within refineries and chemical plants
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
- Option to purchase shares in Golder.
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.