The Forklift Operator will transport incoming freight to inventory from staging areas for storage in the appropriate slots, on the multi-level racks in the assigned warehouse area and replenish / re-stock pick slots in a timely manner ensuring all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality standards are met and to maintain the efficient flow of the production process. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Work from receiving sheets, computer print-out, established procedures and practices, written and /or verbal instructions.
- Locate and perform count check of incoming freight in the staging area and transport to freezer with forklift / pallet jack.
- Inspect items for damage, perform temperature and quality checks and take appropriate action as needed.
- Locate proper slot on storage racks, set pallets in place with forklift or hand stack items, enter product data and location into RF unit.
- Replenish pick slots with outgoing stock items according to next day's work orders.
- Rotate date-sensitive stock to the front of the rack and / or remove out dated out of date inventory according to company policy.
- Disperse over-stocked items to available slots for temporary storage.
- Remove empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the proper area or receptacles.
- Inspect empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with pallet jack or forklift to the proper storage area.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in work area as needed.
- Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
- Perform other similar duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience
- Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
- Pallet jack and/or forklift certified
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
- Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
- Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
- Pass pre-employment drug test