United Aviate Program
This flagship program offers you a direct route to flight deck with United Airlines, the leading airline in the US.
The United Airlines Aviate Program with Skyborne provides you with a clear career pathway from beginning your flight training at the Skyborne Airline Academy, Vero Beach, Florida, through to a position as a First Officer at United Airlines. The Aviate Program with Skyborne has some unique features, not available anywhere else in the USA. Moreover, you get to train at one of the leading flight schools in the world.
You will learn to fly the Skyborne way. A unique approach to training, which will see you immersed in airline technique, custom and practice, which means you will be “airline ready” by the time you leave Skyborne to join United Airlines as a First Officer.
Your journey begins by applying to Skyborne for the Aviate Program. If your application meets both Skyborne and United’s criteria, you will be invited to undergo pilot selection online. If successful, you will then begin your training on our full-time, residential FAA 141 course through CFI. Upon completion of CFI, if you meet both Skyborne and United’s standard, you will be offered a job as a Flight Instructor with Skyborne. You will be sponsored through CFII and MEI, mentored to 1500 hours and placed with United Airlines. Skyborne’s version of Aviate is truly a fully mentored, part-sponsored airline career pathway, delivered in one the worlds most respected and professional flight schools.
You will be pre-selected for United Airlines and once you complete Private, you will be eligible to hold a Conditional Job Offer and benefit from the unique “Skyborne Guarantee”*.
*See below for further details on the Skyborne Guarantee
- Be a U.S citizen or show proof of the unrestricted right to live and work in the U.S.A
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Possess an education level qualification equivalent to a U.S. High School diploma or higher. Education not obtained in the U.S. or at an IBO school must be certified as equivalent to a U.S High School diploma. This can be done through a member of NACES at www.naces.org/members.html. International education documents must be submitted in English or translated and certified.
- Be fluent in English – both written and spoken. As a guide, you must be proficient enough to achieve ICAO Level 4.
- Hold a valid FAA 1st Class Medical Certificate before the commencement of training. For further details please visit www.faa.gov or www.flightphysical.com
- Be able to achieve clear background checks
The course price is $87,703 which includes accommodation for the duration of the course through to CFI, all ground and flight training and FAA tests.