Date: Dec 3, 2019
Location: Vero Beach, FL, US, 32960
Company: FlightSafety International
JOB TITLE: Pilot Pathway Instructor Cadet
LOCATION: FlightSafety Academy, Vero Beach, FL
DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
REPORTS TO: Chief Flight Instructor
Pilot Pathways is a program developed by FlightSafety Academy to assist and promote professional pilot opportunities for US students. This unique program provides valuable free training upon signing a training agreement of 1,200 dual given hours to begin after obtaining the CFI and working as a full-time Flight Instructor.
As a holder of a Commercial License, Single and Multi-Engine Land with Instrument Privileges, developing pilots can qualify for the Academy Pilot Pathway Program. Once accepted into the program, FlightSafety Academy will provide free training to achieve all three flight instructor certificates. After successfully completing training and flight checks, the pilot enters a paid tenure as a professional flight instructor at the Academy in Vero Beach, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- To complete Flight Instructor training programs as assigned
- Conducting flight training in accordance with FAR's, FSA course outline, and FSA training Regulations
- Manage assigned training within syllabus and the schedule
- Maintain accurate logbook records
- Follow FSA policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Progress Reviews
- Maintain currency in all procedures and regulations for all licenses and ratings held
- Report to Assistant PM with completed weekly planner
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor with staff, instructors, and students
- Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to perform to a high standard
- Use constructive critique to improve performance
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other tasks assigned by APM, PM, or Chief Flight Instructor
CONTACTS: The employee must display a service-oriented demeanor to both internal and external contacts and promote a positive image of FlightSafety International, while performing the duties of the job.
INTERNAL - All FlightSafety International Employees
EXTERNAL - Customers, vendors and general public
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY:
- Complete initial CFI, CFII and MEI as assigned
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- College degree preferred
- Commercial Single and Multi-engine Land with Instrument rating
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Commercial License, Single and Multi Engine Land with Instrument Privileges
- Valid First, Second or Third Class FAA Medical
- Recency of experience in all licenses and ratings held is required in accordance with FAR 61.57
- Satisfactory Background Check
- Drug testing as per FlightSafety Academy policy
MATERIALS USED IN TRAINING:
- FSA Aircraft and FSA Flight Trainers
- FSA classrooms and briefing rooms
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Duties of Flight Instructor Candidate performed in classroom and training airplanes
FlightSafety International is dedicated to creating and preserving a cooperative work environment and to management's responsibility to evaluate work equitably and to reorganize the business structure and work assignments when necessary.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.