Banquet Captain/Food & Beverage Supervisor
Req Number: 33989
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do:
Responsibilities include providing ridiculously personal experiences and leading all aspects of banquet functions including the setup of catering events. You'll also be responsible for supervising the timely, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage for banquets and events.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Coordinate meeting spaces for banquet and catering events to ensure compliance with banquet event orders (BEO) with level of service, quality and hospitality.
- Work with kitchen staff on the timing of food preparation to ensure that meals are ready on time in accordance with the event order.
- Adhere and ensure that the required sanitation procedures are met for food handling safety.
- Assist with scheduling of employees.
- Complete guest checks with accuracy, and provide outstanding guest services!
- Ability and willingness to follow established processes and procedures.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of experience as a banquet captain or senior server is required. Hotel banquet experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer systems such as Excel, Word, and POS.
- Outstanding organizational abilities and skill for taking initiative, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritizing.
- Passionate about food and providing an outstanding guest experience!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Food Handler Certificate (if applicable).
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel + Spa