BCU Sr. Data Architect
Req #: JR - 010844
Location: Vernon Hills, IL US
Job Category: Baxter Credit Union
Date Posted: 11/5/2019 4:26:11 PM
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person's contributions. We're happy you're interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
BCU is a full-service financial institution. BCU is looking to transform the organization to enable our business to take advantage of plethora of data that we are managing in making decisions. The Data Architect will be responsible for defining sustainable and innovative data strategies in support of the overall business objectives. This role will require strong technical leadership skills and will be responsible for the design and implementation of the overall data platform architecture, contributing to our data governance practices and partnering with the business to ensure the high quality of data through tools and best practices. This person will deliver data products, reporting and analytics platforms that improve operations and reduce costs.
- Defining and oversee data & analytics platforms (data warehouse, data lake, data integration and master data management systems), architecture and methodologies with focus on data quality, efficiency, analytics, data reporting and visualization
- Work with IT to ensure that the technical specifications are clear and implemented according to intent.
- Architecting and delivering scalable cost-effective enterprise data solutions that optimize investment and lower TCO
- Managing data across multiple systems: data governance framework, data modelling, metadata management, KPI governance, taxonomies and ontologies
- Translating business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Providing architectural guidance and leadership through the entire lifecycle of data development projects
- Championing innovations and proof-of-concepts projects
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution, staying current with emerging data solutions, continuously learning new data solutions and introducing these into the organization
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technology field required: Master's Degree preferred
- At least six (7) years hands-on experience architecting and delivering analytics, reporting and visualization tools across both traditional data warehousing and big data architectures required
- Two to three (5+) years in a corporate date architect role required
- In-depth experience with data modelling, managing structured and non-structured information, and ETL/ELT frameworks required
- Experience with public cloud platforms deployment and frameworks (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), and data integration between on premise, private and public clouds required
Nice to Have:
- Ideally has experience in Finance space.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure data platform a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server experience (DB, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) a plus
- Experience in delivering and governing production Big Data environments a plus
- Experience in developing and implementing governance in data visualization tools (PowerBI) is a plus
- Experience with AI/ML and predictive analytics a plus
- Experience executing or supporting statistical and exploratory analysis and other advanced projects a plus
- Proven track record of execution and delivering results
- Nice to have: Master's Degree in IT related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.