Accounts Receivable Clerk
Karen Kane is a well-established apparel brand that has been manufacturing womens apparel for over 40 years. The brand has had rapid growth on ecommerce in recent years, and continues to have successful long-lasting relationships with major stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. From its start, the company has remained family-run and privately owned.
The Accounts Receivable or Credit Clerk is responsible for collecting payments using skills in project management, organization and communications to collect the payments from clients and customers. They maintain knowledge of company bookkeeping policies, audit business ledgers, organize invoices and begin the collections process for client accounts with past-due balances, contacting clients to arrange credit or alternate payment methods. Accounts Receivable Specialists track payments and record any unique billing situations that fall outside of regular operations such as custom payment plans. They make banking deposits and run reports that document profits and losses for an organization.
Key duties and responsibilities of an Accounts Payable Specialist include:
- Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
- Communicate with previous clients and customers to request payment and arrange payment plans
- Collect payment from customers and accurately record it into the system
- Create reports and balance sheets that document overall profits and losses
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information
- Minimum of an Associates Degree or 2 years experience
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of accounting software and other programs
- Comfortable with math and calculations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills