Job Title: Spring Intern | Arts in Health | Vermillion
Department : HR Academic Affairs - Intern Program
Job Schedule: Part Time
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
- Develop art projects for residents, patients, staff, families and volunteers throughout the Sanford Vermillion Medical Center (SVMC). Modalities include visual arts, music, literary, craft, movement and contemplative exercises
- Prepare, invite and facilitate art projects for events and outreach programming based on the best practices of Sanford Arts Vermillion at SVMC.
- Facilitate age-appropriate art activities that pertain to the geriatric community.
- Normal day-to-day scheduling may include up to four contact hours with clients of Sanford Arts Vermillion in art related activities.
- Normal day-to-day activities include documentation, research and administrative tasks on behalf of Sanford Arts Vermillion.
- Upkeep of art studio and infection control practices of supplies and surfaces and with participants.
- Arts in Health advocacy and speaking opportunities may be performed throughout the internship
Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention. Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds. Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly. Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics. Collaborates with departmental associates and management.
Arts in Health Internship provides training and mentorship to bring arts and arts engagement sessions to the residents of Sanford Care Center Vermillion and Assisted Living facilities. Art facilitation is designed to support wellness to clients throughout the Sanford Vermillion Medical Center.
- Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Creative, ability to improvise, friendly, flexible, patient demeanor and leadership abilities
- Volunteer, teaching or caregiving experience preferred
- Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Health Science, Psychology, Communication or other applicable majors or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors.
- Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12 -week internship.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Function: Student Services
Job Schedule: Part Time
Req Number: WD14477