Tractor Trailer Driver - CDL-A, HOME EVERY NIGHT! (Ventura, California, United States)
CDL A & Tanker Required / Mon - Fri Schedule / Local Home Daily
Weekly Pay / Full Benefits + 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase, and PTO Accrual
**$68k - $76k+ Estimated Annual Income**
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Req #: 33161
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 4,900 employees and approximately 270 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The purpose of the Tractor Trailer Driver position is to transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment and to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will operate both commercial and non-commercial vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch and outside of the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
- Transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment
- Operate commercial or non-commercial vehicles in a safe, efficient and professional manner
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude
- Perform vehicle inspections before and after pickups and deliveries
- Ensure all delivery documents are properly maintained during the workday and are available for inspection upon request by management and/or state traffic safety officers
- Apply knowledge of driving and/or commercial driving skills in maneuvering at various speeds in difficult locations, heavy traffic, inclement weather, mountainous terrain or tight loading dock areas
- Secure construction equipment and other equipment by means of chaining, strapping, and blocking under the strict accordance and established procedures of the DOT policies
- Maintain open communication with Branch Manager and/or central dispatch for delivery schedules
- Observe safety rules and regulations at customer job sites, facilities and other Herc Rentals related facilities
- Provide training assistance for customers by answering general questions regarding the safe operations of vehicles, tools, or machinery when asked by customer
- Report to the branch manager or central dispatcher of any damage to Herc Rentals property that is uncovered by the driver during the process of picking up the equipment from the customer
- Report any and all accidents involving the driver or equipment to Branch Manager or Central Dispatch
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or any other problems relating to timely pickups or delivery of equipment
- Maintain flexibility in daily routine in order to respond to Management’s responses to the customer demands
- Ensure proper paperwork & logs are maintained accurately on a daily basis
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
Minimum of 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience within the last three years
Commercial Driver’s License, Class A, with tanker endorsement
Current medical card
Hazmat endorsement must be obtained within 120 days of employment. Assistance will be provided.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to secure loads safely
- Customer service skills
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationals origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.