Coordinates and directs operations to carry out contractual responsibilities of the company including all necessary planning, supervision, budgeting, vendor and supply contact, customer relations and other high level managerial responsibilities.
- Ensures assigned area is cleaned correctly and according to the customer’s standards.
- Maintains a daily work schedule to ensure adequate service.
- Prepares schedules for personnel.
- Assigns personnel to routes.
- Assists personnel to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment for program compliance, i.e. safety, quality, and service.
- Audits and maintains inventories supplies and equipment.
- Investigates and promotes improved equipment and methods.
- Reviews customer requests for service to ascertain cause for service request, type of malfunction, and address with manager.
- Implements and communicates organization policies and goals with personnel.
- Inspects plant and evaluates use of space and facilities.
- Assists with plans, budgets, and schedule modifications such as cost estimates bid sheets.
- Coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts.
- Collects data for preparing estimates, labor hours, and expenses.
- Maintains contact with contractors to ensure the smooth working of the contract process.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, such as, FLSA, OSHA, ADA, etc.
- Communicates with customers, upper managements, and employees on a consistent real time basis.
- Assist with human resource concerns and issues.
- Interviews, hires, plans, assigns, and directs work to employees.
- Insures each team members work in conformance with SBM policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment for employees.
- Ensure operational excellence through training, coaching, disciplining, and encouragement of team members.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Monitors employees for proper use of personal protective equipment, and supplies.
- Provides recommendations for corrective action on areas that need improvement.
- Track employee attendance and report hours worked to the payroll department.
- Directs supervisory management engaged in support of facilities programs.
- Corrects at risk behavior then reports to the supervisor immediately.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or a related field from a four-year college or university with 3-5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish/English.
Pay rate : $70,000 per year
Shift: 6:00 pm - 3:00 am