System1 is hiring a Back End Software Developer!
As a Back End Software Developer some of the responsibilities will include: Design, build, operate, debug, and optimize sophisticated distributed systems with a growing team of talented engineers here at System1. Manipulate and leverage datasets to extract valuable insights coming from millions of user requests. The ideal person is not only an expert software developer with back end technologies, but also a collaborative team player with infectious energy and a desire to communicate their ideas respectfully to colleagues.
System1 is an organization centered around data and data products. We firmly believe data should inform and guide every quantitative decision process. We hire people who can utilize their broad set of technical skills to address technical challenges.
The Role You Will Have
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems
- Design and implement large distributed systems to efficiently process, analyze, and serve at scale
- Work as a key member of the serving team, which ties together our buying, monetization, and optimization systems.
- Analyze datasets with Spark and Snowflake to gain business insights
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years of full-time experience in a Python (back end) software development environment required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud
- Comfort writing large-scale, high performance code
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills
- Must be familiar with the back end aspect of serving technologies
- Be able to prioritize end to end, debug, be familiar with user tracking, cookie management, web crawling technologies, bug detection, and traffic quality
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour
- Catered dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.