This position is responsible for selling dental equipment and enterprise technology products and related financing. Key performance elements include: sales volume, sales growth rates, gross margin attainment, accounts receivables with credit team communications, inventory management, high quality-efficient installations, and customer satisfaction (both internal and external customers).
- Perform equipment and enterprise technology selling function to prospective customers.
- Oversee the preparation process of customer site with customer, contractors, and HSD designated Certified Technician, Digital Technology and Equipment Sales Specialist, Field Sales Consultants, and Special Markets Account Management Team
- Complete Equipment Order Agreement, including customer signatures and documentation of all pertinent details of project (scope of work). Communicate and execute company terms of sale. Collect deposit (if any), obtain customer signature, purchase orders, grant acceptance letters, collect balance (or finalize financing documents) on or before delivery. Work with Bid Team on all RFPs, bids, and quotes as required
- Remain well versed on various equipment and technology HSD and vendor offerings.
- Participate in special projects, trade shows, etc. and perform other duties as requested by Management.
- Deliver a unique and superior customer experience with regard to purchasing and financing dental equipment.
- Sell quality technology products with a high level of service while maintaining high gross margins.
- Achieve annual sales goals as established with Special Markets Account Management and Leadership Team.
- Attend equipment installation (or minimally make contact with customer on day of installation), communicate with customer on installation progress, ensure all follow-up work is done on a timely basis.
- Co-travel with all Henry Schein TSM’s to create new leads and “train” TSM’s on prospecting
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 1 or more years of management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop and mentor team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand and act on financial information that contributes to business profitability
- Ability to plan and manage successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget, assign tasks and areas of responsibility
- Lead team(s) to achieve company goals in creative and effective ways
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management
- Good negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage outsourced relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities and manage conflict
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a good understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Ability to lead virtual teams
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Understand WAN, MAN, and LAN computer networking configurations.
- Ability to sell SQL, Terminal Services, Citrix, Domain computer server products.
- Ability to sell routers, switches, computer rack and wiring equipment and services.
- Clearly communicate HL7 protocols and UDS reporting
- Understand All Dental Equipment as it relates to Chairs, Units, Lights, X-ray,
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically more than 50%. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers