Facility Custodian - 3064
Ready to launch your career? Be part of the next generation of access to space at one of the World’s Premier Gateways to Space! RGNext employees open portals to space by providing operation and sustainment of mission-critical systems that launch and track Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space launch rockets! We also provide U.S. defense and space awareness through ballistic missile testing, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety.
As an RGNext employee, you will join a team of smart, creative, and highly motivated employees who take pride in their work and in the mission and who enjoy developing, sustaining, and delivering world class solutions! If you are seeking to work in a dynamic environment and want to be part of the World’s Premier Gateway to Space, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
This position is located at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California.
This position is not eligible for a telecommuting schedule. Tasks for this position must be performed on-site.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of facilities. This includes:
- Clean all horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax floors, and shampoo rugs
- Restroom facilities - empty trash; clean and sanitize toilets and sinks
- Clean and maintain equipment and tools used on the job
- Maintain inventories of cleaning supplies
- Maintain supply room in a neat and organized manner
- Collect and dispose of trash and debris from the interior and exterior of building
- Report any facility malfunctions or lack of compliance to the appropriate building Facility Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Ability to exercise diplomacy within a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and switch between tasks quickly
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years’ experience cleaning or maintaining in a professional environment
- Knowledge and understanding of chemicals used for cleaning
- Experience with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) regulations for handling cleaning solvents and chemicals, preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to stand and walk the majority of work hours with occasional lifting of supplies
- Ability to read
- Ability to travel to numerous locations
- Flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Benefits of Working at RGNext
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities and growth. Employees enjoy a robust benefit package on day one, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, generous Paid Time Off and holiday pay, a retirement savings plan with a company match and vesting on day one! Other benefits include flexible scheduling, access to on-base fitness centers and recreational facilities and more! We are committed to providing employees a quality work/life balance while embracing a community of diverse and strategic backgrounds in a productive, evolving environment.
This position's pay rate is subject to the current wage determination under the Service Contract Act. The hourly rate for this position starts at $16.60; however, RGNext considers several factors when extending an offer for employment, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training and preferred skills, and knowledge.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.