Data Center Systems Administrator Principle - 2687
Ready to launch your career? Be part of the next generation of access to space at one of the World’s Premier Gateways to Space! RGNext employees open portals to space by providing operation and sustainment of mission-critical systems that launch and track Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space launch rockets! We also provide U.S. defense and space awareness through ballistic missile testing, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety.
As a member of the Sustaining Engineering team, you would join other smart, talented, and dedicated engineers that pride themselves in analyzing the most difficult challenges for the launch-test range while developing and delivering solutions to meet the needs of the US Space Force and their customers.
This position is located at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid telecommuting schedule after the initial training period.
- Act as part of a team to maintain established SLAs for the virtual environment
- Provide input on the development of process and procedures for administering and supporting the new virtualization environment
- Build, configure and maintain VMware clients, servers, and architecture
- Collaborate with subcontractors and vendors performing installations and configurations
- Collaborate with system engineers to migrate existing systems into the virtualization environment
- Provide hands on support for virtualization & network environment
- Participate in the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assist in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with business practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate with team members
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly and the ability to explain it to all stakeholders
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design and testing of systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience administering VMware, VSphere, VMware Horizons, Blade servers and Storage arrays
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the administration of enterprise Linux environments. In addition to Linux required experience, experience in the administration of Microsoft environments including windows server, Domain administration and SCCM, preferred
- Experience in complex IT environments which incorporate tradition and non-traditional IT services
- Knowledge of VMware, VXRail, Data Domain, Avamar, Kubernetes & Tanzu systems administration concepts, practices and procedures
- Familiarity with securing server environments in a regulated industry
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 mission critical IT infrastructure
- Experience in transitioning organizations from standalone to virtualized environments
- Experience with system security and best practices
- Experience administering server environments in a 24x7x365 mission critical environment
- Experience with supporting enterprise datacenter hardware including Dell VXRail environments, preferred
- Experience in complex, multivendor networking environments, preferred
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs and RMF/DIACAP frameworks, preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- DoD 8570 Security+ Certification required
- Applicable Certifications, preferred:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE/MCSA)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA/RHCE)
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA/CCNP)
- IASAE II (CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP)
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus, which means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Benefits of Working at RGNext
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities and growth. Employees enjoy a robust benefit package on day one, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, generous Paid Time Off and holiday pay, a retirement savings plan with a company match and vesting on day one! Other benefits include flexible scheduling, access to on-base fitness centers and recreational facilities and more! We are committed to providing employees a quality work/life balance while embracing a community of diverse and strategic backgrounds in a productive, evolving environment.
The salary range for this role is $82,450 - $129,062; however, RGNext considers several factors when extending an offer for employment, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training and preferred skills and knowledge.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.